That's right. Pickles and Tacos. An abomination you say? No way Jose? I say YAY. The fantastic artist Brian Wills hipped me to this taco more than 5 years ago. I was instantly hooked! Hooked I tells ya. Now you can make it yourself at home.
I love generous chefs. The ones that don't hoard their secrets until their book comes out. I will always give anything I know about food away to anyone, any time, any place. So glad Chef Luna feels the same.
Now get to crunchin'.
More Luna Love :: HERE
In case KCET moves the link to the recipe around again as they did previously, here is the actual recipe!
Except for the great salsa they put on it. AHEM.
- 1lb ground beef
- 2 boiled russet potatoes (cut into small dices)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon dry oregano
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8 oz cheddar cheese grated
- Small jar pickle chips
- Soft Corn tortillas
1. Sauté ground beef in olive oil (1/4 cup oil)
2. Add all the dry spices and cook 5 minutes add cooked diced potatoes.
Continue to cook 8-10 minutes.
3. Remove from heat let cool on counter 30 minutes
4. Heat corn tortillas and fill them with the beef and potato mixture
5. Close both ends with a tooth pick.
6. Fry them in canola oil about 2 minutes on each side
7. Once cooked, place them on a paper towel, remove toothpicks and open
8. Add cheddar cheese and kosher pickle chips.
"Ok you're done. Now eat," instructs Luna.